Saturday, March 8, 2008

mmmmmmm subway

So eating has been adventurous as of lately. I would say i am no where near 100% and still have trouble eating a lot at 5 months post op...but its getting easier. I ate a sub for the first time from Subway. Now it was only a cold cut trio on very fresh bread so i was able to squish it down a lot. I had to take out the green pepers and tomatoes i ordered, cuz that was pushin it and they were too crunchy, but i managed it. My fiance said i should blog immediately as he felt it was a big hurdle i had jumped over, lol.

Does anyone know when one is expected to have full range of motion or close to it back again...am i counting my chickens too quickly at 5 months??? I mean braces come off in just over a month, wouldnt one expect it to be near perfect by them...not even close for me......its so annoying, lol.

Anyways thats my piece for the day...next up is ortho appt in 2 weeks...until then VEGAS BABY....bye by Canadian winter weather, snow, snow, snow...and hello 20-24 degrees!!! Never been and im going for 5 days, should be fun!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Shontelly said...

Awesome! Have fun!! emmmmm Subway. I wish.

Katherine (Kate) said...

Ooooh, you'll be in Vegas right now, as this fellow Ontario-an freezes her a$$ off in mucho snow!!! Have a grand time, and Amazing news about getting your de-bracing date! :)

Mary said...

Kristy, did your surgeon give you any type of jaw exercises to do? My surgeon gave me a device (the torture device) to exercise my jaws a few weeks after the surgery. It hurt like heck to stretch my jaw but after a few weeks I was at 50+ mms. You might want to just start stetching your jaw by increasing the number of finders you can put in your mouth (after checking with your surgeon). Enjoy Vegas! M

Steph & Steve G said...

oooo Vegas!!! I am so jealous you're almost done with this whole thing. Congrats on the Subway!

As I'm only days away from surgery, I gotta say, I have spent a lot of time reading your older posts. I don't know what I would do without you guys!

Rachel said...

Have fun in Vegas!! You'll have a blast. It's supposed to get really hot here in Texas tmmw. No more winter weather!

Kristy Eng said...

thanks y'all, vegas was great, enjoyed the weather, ate TONS of buffet, mmmmmm sushi! I will update again on thurs after my ortho appt, wish me luck, im gona ask if i can get em off a week early, hehe! Bet he hears that all the time!

Michelle said...

Good luck at your appt. today. I hope all goes well and you get your debracing date earlier than expected.