Wednesday, July 18, 2007

1st adjustment

So I went for my first adjustment on Monday there, and it was a great appointment becasue 1 im not sore, WOOOOOWEEEEE and i got some more information as to the plans for the future.

Here's the laydown...Since my teeth are already straight, there will be NO teeth movements prior to the surgery...there are a few teeth i can feel inside that are slightly bumping into others, you cant really see it but my tongue can feel it...but Dr. Hurd said not to worry he would take care of that after the surgery. So the laydown is that basically these damn braces are on so i can build up to the proper thickness of wire that i need for the surgery...WHAT A WASTE, lol...come on, i want some significant changes....this sucks.

Lol...so i got a slightly thicker wire on this monday, so no teeth were really sore...there was a bit of pressure but its all gone now...so thats good news. Next adjustment is end of august, where he will put the next step up in the wire...then appt after that mid october will be the thickest wire possible that will be on for surgery AND surgery hooks...now i didnt have these on last time, but they are going to use em this time...and im not looking forward to it hearing the horror stories from other people, and they will be on for over a month b4 the surgery...if someone has pics, PLEASE send away...i wanna see what im up against.

I asked him to put them on later but the next appt 6 weeks later would be mid november, and hopefully i will be in for surgery by then so i guess i cant be picky.

So thats about it for today, nothing too dramatic, only a new wire...guess these wont get interesting until closer to surgery when i get more pre details on what EXACTLY they are doing...

OUT for now, SMILES

5 comments:

amycq said...

Hey Kristy!
I have some close up pics of the wire and surgical hooks on my blog that I had put on prior to my surgery (I think the post name was something like 'I can pick up cable with these things'). Although not everyone has the same kind of hooks-I've seen people with more of a loop thing instead.

They're not bad..just more things to get in the way when trying to brush and eat. Wax also helps for those hooks that always seem to dig into your cheek!

Aimee said...

Hi Kristy,

I was reading that they didn't put bands on the back of your teeth. Is that common? I thought everyone had to have those bands to be used as an anchor. I wonder what determines who gets them and who doesn't. I hope you're doing well in your braces! I can't wait to get mine on.

Kristy Eng said...

Aimee, this could be because i previously had braces, so theres not much movement going on. Im sure they explained it at the time, but i dont remember now. Originally I had bands way back when, but now theres just these small brackets that the wire goes into, MUCH more pleasant if you ask me, no food gettin stuck and less pain and nipping. Good luck with your adventures, and ive added you to my site, this way we can keep track of each other.

Aimee said...

Well, I just found out I won't be getting the bands on the back of my teeth either so that means no spacers ~ yay!! I have been reading about what a pain spacers are.

Also, my teeth are very straight, but the ortho still needs to move them so that they will fit in the right place when my jaws are moved. I've never heard of someone not getting their teeth moved before surgery. Interesting... :-)

Kristy Eng said...

well they dont need to be moved becaue they are still perfectly straight and will fit together exactly with the surgery...guess its good for me, less pain for adjustments as they are just adding a thicker wire! I guess after the surgery if they absolutely have to they will do small movements, but at it stands im good to go!