Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2nd adjustment

So again not much new in the braces department. I had another adjustment last thursday there, they put in the thickest wire that will be in place for the surgery. MAN it looks thick. Anyways, my teeth hurt for a week after, and nothing was even really being moved, just overall tension. So heres what i learned today, ill be quick and simple.

Next appt is Oct 17th, thats when i will be getting my wire replaced, and my surgical hooks on, yipee, surgery here i come.

My ortho told me to contact the surgeon, Dr. Toccio to see if i can get a date, i knew i wouldnt but i thought id call anways. They said yes im still on the november list, they double checked for me. they said that a note would be added to my account for a nurse to contact Dr. Hurd my ortho to confirm i would indeed be ready for nov, as if i would make that up, hehe. Then if thats cleared a nurse would call me the first week of october for a surgery date!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! But man waiting until October is gona be killer. From there ill get my date and well book an appt about a week prior to surgery for my pre-op stuff, pics, x-rays etc.

So thats good news, im ready, well minus the surgical hooks which will be in place next, things are all working nicely together.

Again once i get my date ill post straight away, until then i wont really have much to say. Lets hope im posting first week of Oct like they are saying, and not oct 17th when i get the hooks on, fingers crossed for me all!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You might be surprised how fast time starts to go by even when you feel like it's never gonna happen. Waiting does suck. Having that date makes a big difference.

October will be here soon!

amycq said...

I agree with Erin, it will go by fast. Especially went you are running from appointment to appointment beforehand!

Just think, this gives you some more time to enjoy all the foods you won't have for a while! :))