Wednesday, September 26, 2007

cant it be oct. 4 already

So just a few updates i thought i would post. I will definately post again tomorrow or Friday with some pictures for before and after comparison, and my post op at the hospital and with the Surgeon, Dr. Tocchio is tomorrow so i will know a lot more details of exactly whats going to happen and what to expect.

I now have my surgical hooks, got them on Monday. They aren't too bad, i have 5 on top and 5 on the bottom. The worst 2 are the ones in the middle of the front teeth both top and bottom, other than that i don't even notice the others. The top one always bugs me when i talk, but the bottom one bugs me more when i eat. They are also a pain cuz even more food gets stuck, and where i was able to go tongue surfing to get little bits out, nope not anymore cuz those hooks are in the way. Worst of all they are on for probably 6 weeks after surgery....at least they will be the least of my concern after surgery, hehe, ill have more pain to worry about elsewhere. Honestly though i had imagined they would be way worse...i put wax on at night to cover them and its not that bad.

I had 3 cavities filled on Monday as well, figured id get it over and done with, plus my mouth will probably be not the cleanest thing after surgery, i would hate to get more cavities......eek....

Tuesday i visited the doctor to get the general pre-op form filled out. We had a bit of a speedbump when the doctor said i had a heart murmer....WHAT???? No ones ever told me that before.....i have had some heart troubles in the past with a racing heart, etc, so now i have to see a cardiologist(i think thats what they are called). I DOUBT i will get an appt before next Thurs, so i will just leave it. I'm only a 1 our of 6, so fingers crossed they will still go ahead with the surgery....but yeah I'm a TAD worried.

I think thats it for now, again i will have more info available tomorrow after pre-op. It will be nice to know exactly whats going to happen etc etc and ill be sure to get some pics up as i have slacked thus far....just hard finding time to get someone to take them for me:)

2 comments:

Graham said...

Woohoo! Glad the hooks aren't too bad. I'm not looking forward to mine at all.

I have a murmur too, a quiet one. I had a test done for it before my first surgery and it was no problem. Don't worry too much, they're just being thorough. I never saw a cardiologist for mine, seems like overkill if you ask me. Tell the guy at pre-op to listen to your heart, I'm sure he'll be ok with it.

Aimee said...

Can't wait to see pictures!
I was told I had a heart mumur too, but after I saw a cardiologist he said nope, everything was fine. Good luck!