Friday, September 28, 2007

Pre-op done

So I have finally figured out how to add the Picasa pictures to this website. Just click on my larger picture and it will take you to all the before pictures. They aren't the greatest or the clearest but its the best i can do, I'm not that technologically advanced, lol. There are front on pictures, side ones, close ups so you can see how my lower jaw is 9-10mm recessed.

So pre-op with the hospital and surgeon are done. What a relief, now its just a waiting game until surgery on Thursday Oct. 4th.

So here's some info i remember, check in is at 10:30, surgery at 12, should take roughly 2.5-3 hrs. Dr. Tocchio is doing upper/lower, roof expansion and chin. I WILL have a splint, lucky me. It's a 2 night stay at the hospital.

So i roughly know what they are doing but i honestly didn't want to hear all the graphic details so i stopped him part way through. But basically the roof is being expanded in a V shape. Upper they are cutting pieces out beside my nose and also tilting it, and moving it back slightly. Lower will go forward and lastly chin will be done cuz it will be too pointy and long after. I'm sure theres more, or more details which i didn't want to know.

So overall Dr. T said i will look different as my face wont be as long, it will be more proportionate, and i wont be all teeth when i smile. Moving the lower jaw forward and top back will make my top lip cover more teeth and ill have a nice smile...damn i thought it was nice already.

I will try to take more pics this week, i don't have many old ones as they are on our hard-drive from the old computer, but i want tons for comparison after.

Overall i cant wait to get this done and over-with, will be nice to bite into things without the constant muscle pain and headaches...fingers crossed

5 comments:

Tara said...

Kristy, I have to agree with you. I think that you have a nice smile to begin with. I was wondering how you got this whole process moving so quickly, but you have such nice and straight teeth! They will turn out GREAT. Good luck on your surgery. Mine is the 8th! (my surgeon books out 3 months, so I have just been waiting for the past, can't believe it's almost here).
~ Tara

Kristy Eng said...

thanks tara...yes luckily we were working backwards here in that my teeth were perfectly straight so i was only waiting for surgery really. once we got an approximate date of nov we put the braces on 4 months ahead of time to build up the the proper thickness of wire for surgery.

All the best to you on the 8th, cant wait to see your recovery pics and details!

Graham said...

Wow, so you're getting one of everything pretty much! Who knew! And yes indeed, you look great now and it's hard to imagine improving on that but I know Dr T is going to do an amazing job! He is said to be the best of the best. I'm deffo looking forward to following your recovery! :)

Kristy Eng said...

aw thanks Graham ur such a sweetheart!

chris k said...

Indeed, that's quite an order. It's like an orthognathic sampler platter! Can't wait to see the changes. You'll be great I can tell.