Tuesday, December 4, 2007

2 months post op!!

So im officially 2 months post op today, yipee! I got to celebrate by seeing the surgeon who said im right on track and everything looks great! I asked about eating, and he said i could eat whatever i could tollerate, but honestly i wouldnt be able to eat everything i want due to things being crunchy and not being able to open wide...but all in time right. I have to see him in 3 weeks again, so just after the new year.

Things are good overall, still a bit of swelling lingering, hopefully by 3 months it will be mainly gone. i took some pics again at 2 months, see if u notice a difference. Honestly i cant wait until the swelling goes away to see the new me, soooo excited.

I also got my results from bloodwork i had done today. I had a little scare there a week ago as my platelets were very low, at 62,000 where they should be 150,000-400,000, so my dr was worried about bleeding not clotting and bruising. The results today found me to be at 141, 000 so better but still not where i should be. I got back in another 2 weeks for another test, hopefully we can figure out whats causing this.

Tomorrow is my cardiologist appt to see about my murmur and racing heart. Will be nice to get that sorted out as well.

So thats about it now, swelling is the same, numbness is the same, lol...cant wait for that to end. Ill post more pics from this weekend, im going out to PARTY for my b-day next week!!!! Should be good times to get out drinking and dancing and back into civilization, wish me luck!

7 comments:

Shontelly said...

Hey now, my birthday is next week too! The 12th. YAY! We're getting older! ;)

Two months flew by didn't it?! I hope I look as good as you at that stage!! Seriously, your swelling looks really good. Barely notice it in those pics.

Kristy Eng said...

aw thanks Shontell, i really needed that, as i was feeling a little bit self conscious about going out sat, what people might think.

My birthday too is the 12, lol, isnt that hillarious, ill be 27. I see that your profile says 26, so are you turning 27 as well...maybe not only do we have the say birthday, but possibly same year? Too kewl!!!!

Graham said...

Looking fab! Hard to tell that there's any swelling left, especially when you're smiling! Go get 'em!

Rachel said...

I can't believe its already been two months. The swelling looks so much better. It looks like it doesn't hurt to smile. Things are coming along great! On another note, I have a heart murmur too. Did the doctors have any concerns with that and your surgery? My ob/gyn always tells me mine is really loud but I don't think it causes any problems. Anyway, just wondering if you had problems with yours. Well, I'm not too far behind you two on the 27 yr old party wagon. My b day is Feb 12. Hope you have a great time getting out to party!

Shontelly said...

Well isn't that just special!! Yeap - I too will be 27! wow..

Isn't 12 just a great #? It's my fav. I see it everywhere all the time. Rachel you have a great birthday number too. 2/12 2 happens to be my other fav number. I don't know why. I just have a thing for numbers! LOL

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

Hey - 27 and cute....nothing wrong with that especially if it's true, right?

Thanks for stopping by, I'm so happy to read about your experience, knowing what to expect has been a huge help.

Shontelly said...

Happy birthday!!!