Monday, December 17, 2007

another adjustment=1 step closer

So today I had another adjustment. I always look forward to them, because it means another step closer to being DONE!!! Of course the girl next to me was gettin her braces off....lucky duck, but i know my day will come soon enough!

So today i got the wires changed. Lower is just regular but goes all the way to the back, where as last time it went to my 2nd back molar. Upper it a little funny, right side is same as last time where it goes to my 2nd last molar, but left side it only goes to my molar. The wire ends there and then theres just bracket. Im assuming he is trying to get my teeth from the molar back to move themselves as they are a good 3-4 mm wider than the lowers, hopefully this will work a tad becasue the word "buttons" was used today....and i have read horror stories from other people that have buttons. But im at the point now that whatever has to be done has to be done...i will not settle for less than 101%. My ortho mentioned how not many of my teeth are touching in the back and hed like to get them at 90%.....90% WHAT, are you kidding me, there will be NO 90% in my mouth, i will not settle for less than 101%...so we are definitely gona have to discuss that, even if it means wearing the braces longer.

I have another new elastic configuration that i can tell my teeth already dont like. I was so nice for the last 4 weeks to just wear then 10 hrs a day, but i shoulda guessed that wouldnt have lasted, lol. Now i have Fred on the left from my 2nd last molar to the molar beside the eye, so over 3 teeth, and lower is the 2nd back molar and the 3rd. That has to be worn 24/7. This is to pull the teeth together more as they arent touching like they are on the right. Im looking forward to this as my right side is getting alot of exercise as im only chewing with it. Right side is just 10 hrs again, so it gets a break and its 2nd last molar to 2nd last molar....or wait a minute, man i think i forgot, i better call the office tomorrow, woops, lol. I knew that was gona happen when they didnt put it on for me, lol.

Anyways everything else is good, next surgeon and ortho are in the new year...hopefully ill have more feeling and eating progress before the new year to update on!

4 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Kristy you're looking amazing- would you just look at those chompers! It amazes me to see how much can change in a couple of (debatedly)short months.

What is with 90% anyways?! I don't blame you at all for wanting nothing but perfection-You've worked darn hard for it!

Love the superstar pics!

Tara said...

I don't blame you for wanting 101%. I feel the same way. We didn't go through all of this for anything less then perfect.

I currently have a button on my #2 tooth (if you look at one of my latest pics, you can see the "rubber wire" that is wrapped around it to the front). You said you have heard some horror stories, well I have had NO trouble with mine. It hurt a little the first day, but I still wasn't biting into anything, so it didn't make a difference. This last adjustment it was a little sore, but no more then any other adjustment. They really aren't that bad (at least where mine is placed). So good luck with that.

~ Tara

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

For me it's important to have something happen, I had to wait for months on the surgery and I'd go in monthly to the Ortho and nothing would change, only the donuts holding the archwire. I love it when they change the rubber bands and I can feel things moving.

Michelle said...

I plan on 101% too, we all deserve it. Hopefully the Ortho will understand your feelings toward this. Good luck at your next appt.

Happy New Year!!