Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday to me, the big 27!

So im finally 27!!! and so glad im lookin younger, care of a great surgery!!!

So things are doing well...i have posted some pics i am at 10 weeks tomorrow...wow time flies. You probably cant note in the pics but there is still a tad of swelling. Seems its down when i wake up but by night i guess after using my jaw all day for eating and talking the swelling returns. Hopefully this will stop into 3 months cuz its a bit annoying.

Eating is GREAT, getting easier day by day. I still cant open too wide, but its getting better the more i practice. I can still only chew on the right side as the left side teeth dont touch, but im sure that will happen soon with braces adjustments. I can say im happy where i am in recovery so far, lets hope it stays this way!!!

I have an ortho appt next monday, well see if hes gona keep trying to get my left eye teeth to touch more or if he will work on closing the back molars...always a thrill to see what's next on the ageda. I dont see the surgeon until the new year so thats good as well.

Talking is getting easier as well, but i still am having problems with R's...did you other fellow post op bloggers experience this? How long did it last. i find like the swelling talking is easiest when i first wake up but by night my words are slurred. Since im over 2 months now i thought this would be normal again but still quite hard.

Dont mind the pics i took i was being a superstar for my b-day and doing my poses, lol.

Happy birthday no Shontell as well, we have the exact same b-days, kewl eh!!!

6 comments:

Graham said...

Happy birthday K-rock! You're looking fantastico! Wow, 10 weeks already, hard to believe. Tomorrow is 6 weeks for me - is that all? Agh. I'm with you on the swelling and slurred speech, it seems to come and go. I have don't seem to have any trouble with R's but B, F, M, and N are kinda mushy sounding.

Graham said...

Oh, and my lips are still crooked when I press them together. Did you have that?

Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

HAPPY B-DAY! (sorry it's a day late).

Hope you ate a big hunk of chocolate cake!

btw, I had chinese food last night! YUMMM

Kristy Eng said...

i cant remember if my lips were crocked or not, hmmmm??? You are doing great for 6 weeks though...im always worried that you are going to surpass me in the recovery even though I'm 4 weeks ahead of you, u are doing THAT well!!!

Tony wasn't it great eating that Chinese food, i bet it never tasted so good, lol

Michelle said...

You look great! I really looked at all of the before and after pics today. You are healing so well. You sound like you have such a positive attitude, good for you. I hope my surgery goes as well as yours!!

Say what? said...

hi kristy, i have no idea about this blogging thing. i just happened to come across this site as i was doing some research because my jaw surgery has been denied. it was approved by 2 insurance companies, but i switched jobs, and the new insurance company denied my "medically necessary jaw surgery" because of my age. (i am 27 too.) did you run into this at all?

thanks,
angela