Saturday, December 1, 2007

weekly news

So Im officialy back at work, Im actually here now...work 7pm-7am, and its rough. luckily its only 3 days in a row then 2 off, but it has been quite hard. Im still very tired, and around 2am im beat, and just struggle to make it the rest of the way. Its also hard getting proper food etc at work, but im managing so far. Swelling seems to puff up by the end of my shift, probably cuz im so tired and trying to fight the sandman, but at least when i sleep it seems to be gone again then re-occurs.

Movement in my face is getting better, however speech is still hard...i dont know if im not trying to pronounce things enough, or if im stuck with sounding like Elmer Fudd...you wascally wabbits...lol. Everyone thinks its cute...but i dont really want to be almost 27 and cute, lol.

The few people i have seen on night shifts seem to think i look very different, which is odd becasue i dont. I have been comparing before and after and think there are very minimal differences. Its more a bite difference for me rather than cosmetic and how i look. I think they just see that im still swollen and thats why they think i look different. I will be nice to see what they think in a few months from now.

Jaw wise im in a little pain, well more of a constant ache and stiffness in my jaw from it being used. I also am still quite swollen inside on the left where it has been bugging me for a while. I had a peek in with a flashlight and theres so much bubbly scar tissue and its really rubbing on my braces. I counted 3 canker sores in there...luckily i still dont feel too much, but i feel enough to know they are there and hurting. I have been using salt water rince, this numbing ointment and wax. Seems to be helping a bit, hopefully they will be gone by next week.

I will try to take another picture soon, i have been slacking on taking a weekly picture, so ill try to keep doing that.

Also just wanted to say how jelous i am of Brandy who got her braces off...doenst she look amazing...i can only HOPE my teeth look that great and WHITE when my braces come off!!!!

3 comments:

amycq said...

i missed alot haven't i!!!! well, not to fill up on excuses but, i'm in my senior year of college and it's kickin my butt time wise...along with everything else!

But wow...you've been through a lot too!!! I looked through your pics...i had that fun chin strap thing too! i'll tell ya though i was so nervous taking that off. i couldn't help but think 'what if i take it off and my chin moves or something!!' I've had people tell me they can't really tell the difference between before and after. Then i show them pictures of before and immediately they say 'wow! i never really noticed before!' i think it's hard for some people to 'see' it because you still look like you...except modified!

looking great though!!!

Kristy Eng said...

Aw thanks Amy. That chin strap was nerve wracking, i really thought it would make a difference when i took it off. Man was that thing extra sticky, good think i was numb and couldnt feel taking it off....but honestly i really was so careful peelin it cuz i thought my chin might fall off, i really didnt know what to expect. Luckily it came off and my chin was still in one piece! lol

Shontelly said...

You and me both - she look's great!

Well, looking through your before and after pics I can see a difference cosmetically. Your profile is different that's for sure. I think you look younger but that may be due to the swelling. Trying to look past the swelling and .. YES! I see a change. lol