Monday, January 21, 2008

no buttons for me!!!

Oh how i loved to hear those words, NO BUTTONS FOR ME...what a relief!

My teeth are really coming together! Thats what the ortho says, yipee. So 24 of the 28 teeth in my mouth are contacting...not perfectly, but they are touching at some point. Its amazing, i never thought this would be possible again, i can already feel that big juicy steak im gona eat once im healed more from the surgery, man its been years!

Anyways, so 24/28 not bad right. The last time i had elastics i only got to wear them for 2/4 weeks as i was in sever pain. But the teeth moved together so well on the left side even at that. The elastics must have worked overdrive, and it also helped that the wire didnt go all the way back, allowing the teeth to settle more, and come back into place. They were too wide on the upper jaw after my jaw was widened. I thought i was gona have to wear those nasty buttons, but the teeth seem to have settled.

So this time the newest mission for the next 4 weeks is elastics again, but on the 7's, so the VERY back teeth. The ortho wants me wearing the strongest possible elastics, fred's again, but he gave me medium as well so we dont run into the same pain as last time. I have been using the heavy at night, but im not quite up for the daytime ones yet, but i think ill try starting wed as my teeth have setted from the adjustment, which is a story in itself.

OH MAN i am not looking forward to the next one if its anything like this last one. My teeth werw super sensitive, so bad i was almost crying from the elastics going around the brackets to keep the wire in place. Its good cuz feeling is coming back but it was HORRIBLE!!! I dred 4 weeks from now:(

Massage went well, got the kinks outa my neck. 3 weeks from now were gona try acupuncture on my face and neck. The massage therapist thinks it will work wonders as it stimulates the nerves, which im my case are damaged or are regenrating, so i think it will help give them a slight kick! Well see.

I see the surgeon on friday so i still have to ask about the physio if he thinks it would be beneficial and ill ask about the acupuncture, just to be on the same side.!

But i can finally say the bite is coming along very nicely, just wish the numbness would go away, the animation to my face would return faster, this damn swelling thats lingering would just leave me alone and i want more range of motion dammit, Subway is calling me!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a long list, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully the elastics don't give you too much pain.
Your teeth really do look awesome though. I can't wait to have a smile like that.

Rachel said...

Great news! I'm glad most of your teeth are touching. You've had such a hard time lately, that I'm sure its nice that something is getting better. Good luck with the elastics.

Katherine (Kate) said...

jqGreat news about the buttons -must be nice to get some positive reinforcement from your ortho, too!
Fingers crossed that you don't have the same difficulties with fred as last time :)

Mmmmmm...Massage is amazing. Kudos to you for trying the acupuncture. I have friends who swear by it and it makes sense that it could help with the stimulation...I'm just a big pansy when it comes to sharp pointy objects!

Michelle said...

Just checking in to see how that numbness and swelling are doing? Just think...everyday get's you one day closer to Subway.

Kristy Eng said...

mmmmmmmmmmm SUBWAY!!!! bring it on:)