Thursday, January 10, 2008

TING

So pain is still lingering, but its moving around. The left joint seems to be ok again now, THANK GOODNESS, however i get this weird ting feeling just under my ear, where the jawline goes down to the chin. I have been trying to figure out how to describe it and thought i would stick with my candy reference like the last one with the chocolate toothpaste. This one however is more of a sour reaction. Like when you are sucking on sour balls and you get that TING sour taste in your joints..thats what its like...its not bad, just like a quick zap.

The newest REAL pain is actually on the right now, but inside. Its on the roof, near my back molar and i get it when i chew, so its really annyoing trying to eat. Not sure what its from, but the pain is at its worst when i open to the max i can. So i havent been exercising too much, and eating has slowed again cuz i cant open more than a finger without it hurting. Hopefully in a week this one too will dissapear and could relocate.

But due to all this pain ive been gettin i decided to call a physiotherapist. I have done 3 back/shoulder/neck massages and they arent really helping too much. So im gona try jaw physio. I know the surgeon recomended it before, but im just waiting to hear back if its ok at 3 months, or if i should wait a bit. The surgeon appt is tuesday and the physio will call me back tomorrow. Hopefully that will offer some comfort

Other than that, things are good, im back in the gym, swelling still lingers a bit, but u can only notice it from certain angles, like a 45 degree angle....ppl at work say im storing nuts for the winter, haha, right. CUTE

Anyways, thats about it for now...hope everyone is enjoying their new year so far!

3 comments:

bridget said...

Ooh, keep us posted on the jaw physio. Everyone I know has been asking me if I'm having physical therapy to get the muscles working again, but my doctor didn't even mention the idea. I usually just tell them that all the eating I'm doing is exercise enough, ha.

Graham said...

I can hook you up with a cranial sacral therapist if you want. I highly recommend it, I need to get back there myself.

Mary said...

Hey Kristy, sorry to hear about your pain. I think Graham's idea is a good one. Have you had x-rays or an MRI? I know at some point it becomes critical to start getting your jaw muscles to open wider. Good luck and keep us posted. Mary