Wednesday, January 16, 2008

physio and concerns

So I had my physio consultation on Monday there. The ideas are good, seems she wants to do some guiding, where she will stand behind me, stick her hands in my mouth and guide my jaw open, to stretch the muscles and joints. Felt weird, and was hard for her cuz im so still she could barely get her hand in there, lol. Also she wants to use popsicle sticks and stack them, then u go to the max, leave for 20 secs, etc, that supposedly helps to open. Now there would be some pain and discomfort, but i guess its supposed to help the joints, as mine are very stiff. The physio said that she usually only sees jaw ppl that DONT have surgery, shes never seen anyone post op? So the plan is to go ahead, why not its covered through my benefits, but we have to get the ok from the surgeon first.

That was supposed to happen tues, but my appt was cancelled as he had a family emergency, so i dont see him until the following friday, almost 2 weeks later, no biggie though, i still have a massage booked for friday, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and ortho on friday as well.

So my question is this...........maybe this pain im feeling is normal now. Id definitely was not before, nut that issue was addressed by not wearing elastics for a bit to help my jaw...but now the pain im feeling, maybe its normal, so i ask you all do you have pain...maybe im just over-complaining, thinking i shouldnt have any pain u know...i just had MAJOR surgery, i guess there would be some pain and disconfort, but mine seems a little more than tollerable, so anyone ahve any suggestions?

Lastly im slightly worried about my ortho appt friday as i havent really been wearing elastics recently, well i do at night as im sleeping with my jaw at a weird angle and open so i need the elastics so i dont wake up with a really stiff sore jaw and a migrain..., but i wonder elastic wise what he will do....hopefully not the thickest again, i definitely dont want to go through that again. More pics added, and one of my mouth opening, which u can see im in a bit of discomfort, anyone else?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

First of all, your teeth really look amazing!!!
As far as the pain goes, I haven't had the BIG surgery yet, just the SARPE. Now my SARPE was June 1st and I still periodically have some sharp and lingering pain on the right side of the roof of my mouth. Some days it really hurts. You'de think this would be all healed now, but it just must take some time. Alot of time I guess. Hang in there.

Lars said...

Hi Kristy! Thanks, I hope its just the angle. I am having similar jaw discomfort too. I can hardly fit a toothrbrush in there. Let me know how your appt. goes. I see my doctor on Monday and will then start jaw exercises. Yikes! How are you eating? Are the sides of your mouth all scraped up like mine are?

Shontelly said...

I could go for a massage about now. Lucky you! I agree with Michelle - teefs look AMAZING. CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!!
So are they going to do something about the midlines being a tad off? If not they look great anyway!
Sorry to hear about the pain. I hope the doc takes care of it for you. Sounds like those bones need some oiling. ;) They a lil stiff.
Good luck tomorrow!