Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Outcome

So i went to the clinic and i now have antibiotics for a sore throat...they are just a general antibiotic, but it seems to be helping somewhat. The Dr couldn't really do too much as he couldn't see in, and couldn't take a swab, so thats the best he could do given the circumstances.

Today I had another emergency appt with Dr Tocchio the surgeon, regarding my sickness and the new swelling. Turns out the swelling is just from me being sick with this sore throat, cold, flu thing. Also theres more swelling in my cheeks because i have been blowing my nose....i know we were told not to do this, or do it gently, but tell that to the person stuffed up from a cold...what do they expect me to do. So he told me how to gently blow my nose if i have to, otherwise my cheeks are going to continue to puff up. Man hes gona think I'm a hypochondriac, well if he doesn't already, lol. He gave me some antibiotic for anti-fl amatory and pain, so hopefully that will help somewhat, but there are so many, like a months worth, and they are HUGE, like horse meds, lol. I also got to postpone my appt next week for 2 weeks from now, and he gave me my jaw exercises. I have to open with my thumb and finger and try to force it a little. The other is to put pressure under my chin and open, so theres pressure when opening...seems easy right, well it HURTS, but i guess no pain no gain, I'm really excited to see my jaw opening wider!

Other than that i have posted pics of me now, so u can see the new swelling around my jawline and cheeks. I do have some feeling coming back in my cheeks and nose, but its more of a pins a needles sensation when i touch rather than how it used to be, but im excited, 1 month post op and feelings coming back, YEAH. Wish i could say the same for my lower lip and chin, i feel NADA, Nilch, nothing....ah well all in time right.!!!

I noted recently that my mid lines are slowly separating. They were dead on, but over the past week or two my lower jaw seems to be creeping to the right, so they are a few millimeters off... i asked Dr. T and he said not to worry as i hadn't even had an adjustment since the surgery and it would all line up soon enough!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I never thought about what would happen if you were sick during recovery. I feel for you! I remember the whole "Dont blow your nose" I hated it mostly because they told me I couldnt! Well hope you get feeling better soon, love Gizmo by the way!

Kristy Eng said...

aw thanks michelle! Yeah gettin sick sucks, luckily i went quickly to get antibiotics and they definitely have worked their magic.
Not blowing the nose has been tricky, but id rather be slightly congested than so swollen again!

Steph & Steve G said...

Kristy - Thanks for the pics. I can't believe how similar your case it to mine. I can't tell you how helpful it is to follow your progress. Sorry about the cold...you'll be in the clear soon! Keep stayin' positive! And thanks again!

Kristy Eng said...

glad i can be of help!!! i know i needed help from fellow bloggers, and still to during my recovery. Helps hearing from experts.