Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Day 12

So im officially at day 12. Swelling seems to be the same, ive added pics, and will try to at least every other day. I also added one if of my little puppy, Gizmo who will be 1 soon, all 4lbs 6 oz of him....he was just being so cute today that i had to add a picture!

So i'm officially always hungry now, this liquid diet thing is so not appealing. I have lost a grand total of 12 lbs so far....and for me thats a lot considering im a tall thing girl at 135lbs originally and 5'11"...so im closing in on 120 and can defininatly feel it taking a toll on my energy level...cant wait to eat again. Im eating high protein, carbs etc, but i think my metabolism is too fast:(

Anyways the smile is comin along. I feel that when i smile now i can feel everything inside pulling around the stitches, guess its all healing. Hopefully some elasticity in my gums returns because its not the pleasantest feeling. Im trying today without pain meds, well see how it goes, so far so good, but its only been 3 hrs without them, lol.

So i dont think much else is new, still healing away. Hopefully in 2 days there will be more progress and less swelling, it will mark 2 weeks!!!! Never thought id make it!

5 comments:

chris k said...

Wow, if I ate Gizmo, I'd be at weight! No but seriously, despite the swelling, I think you've also benefitted from the "looking younger" side effect.

Tara said...

Hey Kristy! You are looking great! I can't imagine having as much done as you did. Keep up on the ice/heat, and it will get better. Do you get numb with the upper like you do with the lower?

Oh, and your dog is just TOO cute! That's exactaly what I want when I get another dog. Right now I have a westie/shiz tzu mix who's 15 pounds. She's my little baby!

Tara said...

Hey Kristy, you are really coming along! Keep up with the ice/heat and hopefully that will help. Do you get all numb with the upper like you do the lower?

Oh, and your dog is too cute! That what I want when I get another dog. Right now I have a shiz tzu/westie mix who is 15 pounds. She's my little baby!

Kristy Eng said...

hey tara....i have been doing heat recently, my surgeon said ice doenst work after 72 hrs, so ive given up on that. Graham also recomended Bromelain capsules which im gona try to pick up this weekend.
Nubness is extreme, i basically cant feel my whole face, lol. I can feel my cheeks close to my ears and my forehead, thats about it though, really sucks and honestly although i cant feel anything, its soooooooo heavy,. if i lean forward im top heavy and my face pulls me forward, lol.
Aw ur westie/shiz tzu sounds very cute, ull have to post a pic sometime, i love them but they are a tad hairy for me!

Aimee said...

Wow, I am really behind on my blog reading!! Congratulations on having your surgery!! I need to go back and read all about it; I just wanted to say you look great for all that you went through!