Monday, October 15, 2007

Finally at my own home

So I have been staying at my parents place since the surgery and i can say it was great. All of that love and attention was definitely what i needed, but of course it had to come to an end.

I'm finally back at home with my boyfriend and dog and i cant be happier. I really feel being at my own place now will help me be a bit more independent and speed up the recovery process. I have tons of stuff i want to do including cleaning up, painting, but ill leave that stuff until i feel a bit better. Ill be happy for now if i can manage to make my own meals and get some rest.

So I've finally posted a picture section with my recovery pictures. Its on the right hand side under pictures. There the original before pictures and some after pictures. I've missed some days, but ill try to stay on top of it.

So far i can say I'm not overwhelmed with results. Mainly i guess I'm just not giving it enough time. My bite is great, but appearance wise I'm not happy. Hopefully things will change when the swelling goes down. First of all my nose is the weirdest shape ever...one nostril's bigger and sits out way more...u can really see it in the pics...i PRAY its just swelling cuz i had a nice nose before, lol. Also WHEN WILL THIS SWELLING GO DOWN...it doesn't seem to be changing at all, i don't want a fat face, i was happy with my shape before...all in time right. Also it would be nice to start feeling some of my face. I'm sick of drooling and not knowing when my nose is running. Its like i need others to tell me, which scares me for going in public, lol. Anyways i guess i cant really complain cuz It doesn't look like i really had this whole major surgery done only just under 2 weeks ago.

Anyways just my rant for the day, unfortunately I'm sure there will be many more to come, so please bare with me.

Think that's all for now, lets hope the week moves fast, cant wait for next tues to get this splint out!

3 comments:

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Kristy,
I think you look really great for only 2 weeks post op. The swelling does take awhile to come down. I still have a bit on the left side of my cheek and on the inside of my mouth, and I'm 5 months post op.

I took a trip to Vegas at 1 month and didn't think I looked that swollen until I saw pictures later on. It will probably take a good 6 weeks before you start to see really noticible difference.

As for your nose I'm sure its probably swelling that is causing the issue. You might want to check out Rebecca's blog (on my blog links) I think she had some changes in her nose post surgery also.

It is hard waiting for your face to re-emerge (trust me I know) and then when it does, your like "hmmm...do I even like this new me?" It takes awhile to adjust to it all, but I'm sure you will come out looking great in the end. I think your teeth look really good already, your smile is going to be killer when this is all done! It really is a waiting game, a slow one too! But it does improve and as you see the new changes coming about it really is rather encouraging.

At least the worst part (the surgery) is over! It just gets better from here. :)

Brandy

Steph & Steve G said...

thanks for the pics! don't worry, the swelling is sooo gone soon. you look totally cute! i love checking back to see how you're doing.

Kristy Eng said...

Aw thanks guys! And Brandy I definitely do agree with you its a long waiting game. Its hard cuz i want results now, lol, give me something to look forward to though!