Tuesday, October 30, 2007

day 26, and visit with Graham

So today I had another surgeon appt. Basically only a quickie...he looked at my bite, said everything was perfect and asked if i had any q's. I mentioned i was having a hard time chewing as it felt off and food just got lost, he said it will eventually come. I also mentioned not being able to get to the back of my teeth while cleaning, he said that will also get easier within the next 2-3 weeks. I go back in 2 weeks and then he will give me some exercises for my jaw...im not quite ready yet. So it will be sit and wait for another 2 weeks, nothing much new im sure to report...

So after the appt i went to the hospital to visit our friend Graham who just had his surgery yesterday. We had somewhat pre arranged to meet up...he sent me a txt msg saying he was ok for visitors. Man did he ever look GREAT....hes doing very well and should be going home soon. His profile looks amazing, and the jaw surgery was a success....ill let him tell his own story, etc, but just wanted everyone to know he looks amazing and is doing very well!!!

Other than that, not much else going on. Im kinda getting the hang of eating, well more putting small pieces in and swallowing. Had lasagna, pasta, craft dinner, rice, ground beef, lots of puddin and ice cream, so im getting there. Not the healthiest diet, but how else am i gona put that 12 lbs i lost back on...... Ill post more pics on the 4 week and 1 month mark, but prolly will slow down on updating as there isnt really anything new to update on sadly:(

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Krisy, saw your pic on Graham's blog so here I am looking at your's. Wow, what a change. It looks like you had an advancement but with a chin reduction? Most people with overbite have small chin so that's interesting. Sounds like you went through a lot but your result looks really good. Its amazing how different you look, even your nose. And you aren't even a month post op. Will be interesting to see how you look 6 months from now.

Michelle said...

Hi Kristy,
I also saw your pic on Graham's blog so, I had to check out your story.
First of all, you look amazing!
I had SARPE on June 1st and will be having my second surgery sometime in the spring/summer. I have an open/overbite. My overbite looks similiar to yours. I've read so many blogs and I can't seem to find many that are having/had the same surgery as me. Right now they plan to do a Lefort I and move my maxilla back a bit and tilt it. It seems like most people have their maxilla advanced. I also may have to have my lower advanced but, I'm hoping not. What exactly did you have done?
Thanks for any info. you can share.
Take care and here's to a speedy recovery!!
Michelle

Kristy Eng said...

Hey Mary thanks for the compliments!
Michelle thank you as well for checkin out my blog. My sugery was to correct my lower jaw recession from my previous upper surgery in 1996. They extended the lower jaw, tilted the upper jaw, expanded the roof and also did chin. Im going to ask more specifically at my next appointment. Sorry i dont know the exact terminology!