Tuesday, October 9, 2007

road to recovery

Sorry all for the delayed blogging, i wasnt doing too well there once i got home from the hospital, trouble breathing, couldnt keep anything down, couldnt get the pain meds in, but anyways its all over and done with i hope.

Saw Dr. Tocchio today, 2 days earlier than planned, but it was needed since i wasnt doing the greatest. He says im doing well, and bite looks great. We had to cut some elastics so i could breathe, but the splint is still in...yes it SUX, cant wait to get it out, but hesyas 2-3 weeks still. He rinsed my mouth and suctioned it out and cleaned my nose out, funny, a doctor picking my nose, but it was much needed to get dried blood out so i can breathe. I have new pain meds stuff easier to take and should be on the road to recovery.

I tried ensure, etc, but im back on clear liquids cuz im too flemy otherwise. So just gatorade, broth and water...soooooooooo hungry.

I have pics but im at my parents place and cant get picassa working...i should be home sunday at my place so ill put all the pics up.

Think thats it for now, again ill write more later, but i need some more liquids, a little nauseous and low on the energy....yes im a suck, but i dont know how all you other fellow bloggers did so well, this hasnt been fun for me....anyways hope for better news next time. Seeing Dr. Tocchio thurs again for x-rays and elastics change....talk to you all after then

SMILES

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling horrible, I know you must be happy to have passed some time. I imagine you are feeling a little better now, sounds like the SPLINT really bites! I wish you super speedy healing and cant wait to hear about the new and improved you.

Shontelly said...

eeeesh! I thought you wasn't doing so well because I haven't seen any new blogs. Throwing up is the worse isn't it? It's my biggest fear when I go through with the surgery.

Tara said...

Kristy, sorry to hear that you aren't doing too well after surgery. I just has mine on Monday, but things seem to be going smoother for me. In some pain, but not too bad yet. But my surgeon said tomorrow will be the worst, so we'll see how I am then. Just keep up trying to eat, I know it's hard. I can't eat too much thick stuff either because of the phlem issue too. Good luck healing, and keep us updated!
~ Tara

Steph & Steve G said...

I know this is a crazy question, but I'm completely naive on this topic -- mainly because I am choosing to ignore the impending surgery but...are you reading/watching tv/moving around..or are you completely still knocked out of it and sitting in bed? What is the post-surgery life like? How many days of actual 'sickness' and sitting in bed?

Kristy Eng said...

Thanks everyone for your support and comments. I cant wait to get the splint out, date is 23rd of oct, cant wait!!!!
Throwing up is bad, but honestly theres a strategy, believe it or not, 1st done panick, and next spread your lips and let it out your teeth. U will throw up no matter what, so much flem and left over blood, plus i was very dizzy and nauseous. But last i was sick was tues, so hopefully thats the last of it.
Lastly about sitting around...id say tuesday i started watching tv/reading, but makes me nauseous. I had help moving around etc cuz i was really weak, but now i do most by myself, with little help. Before that i couldnt do anything like sat when i got home until tues i was completely sleeping, etc, but now i can do most things.

Thanks again for all your support fellow bloggers!

Powpow said...

I didn't throw up once.