Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 19- SPLINT IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ladies and gentlemen the splint it out.....19 days, omg i dont know how some of you handled it longer than that. My mouth and tongue is soooooooooooo happy.

I honestly thought it comin out would be such a difference, but honestly other than extra room in my mouth i feel the same:( I tried eating with a baby spoon and i find it hard to open wide enough...same for brushing, how did you all manage to open wide enough to get the brush in there, even a baby one? Guess it will take patience and practice!

Also talking, i thought it would come back naturally, but its still pretty tough, prolly cuz my face is still numb and doesnt move. I didnt think lips or cheeks made such a difference when u talk, lol. Im a lot clearer, but definately not my usual voice....it also seems much higher pitch? Weird

So i did my ortho appt as well today, just for a peek inside. He said all is well, and he will start tweeking in 4 weeks, YIPEE!!!!!!!!! I have a loose bracket and things are definately off still but it will all work out in the end.

So since the splint is out, ive noted a chipped molar, ill have to ask about that later, didnt find it until my tongue was fishin around inside on my way home from the surgeons office. Also i note that my upper jaw is soooooooooo wide, wider than the lower, but thankfully the ortho said not to worry hed fix it. My front teeth are dead on, PERFECT...however my back teeth are still not touching, again a slight concern, but braces should fix it!

So i think thats it for now, i have pics of my x-rays and my new hardware but im at my parents and cant get picassa to download properly, so ill have to post em when i get home!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure that thing was miserable. How is your energy? Are you getting tired of ground up food? Sounds like things are getting a bit better for ya. Hopefully, now that your torture device is out, you'll start healing a lot quicker.

Tara said...

Hey Kristy. I'm glad to hear that you got your splint out. I can't imagine how much it sucked to have that in for so long. Hopefully now you will be able to eat a little more and feel a little better.

Oh, just to let you know, since you asked where my pics were, if you go to my page, on the right hand side under "Useful Links", it's the first one "My Post Surgery Pics".

Take care, and keep us updated with how you are doing!

Shontelly said...

Cool! Glad to hear ya got that thing out. I don't even know what it is but it doesn't sound fun and I'm sure I'll find out pretty soon here. :(