Tuesday, October 2, 2007

mouth sores

So surgery is in 2 days now and although i feel confident and fine, i MUST be freaking out and stressed because my body is acting all crazy.

Upset stomach, nauseous, mouth sores, well thats mainly from the surgical hooks, yes the bottom middle one is really bugging me (sorry guys that are getting them, its not pleasant.) Even with constantly having wax on, its still sore, because what is aggravating it is when i am eating, it really pokes into me:(

Also i have really bad allergies right now, stuffy runny nose and sinus problems. Thank Goodness its not a cold, but still, are they going to have problems with the tubes, etc?

Lastly i have a killer sore throat, and reason for this is i have a huge canker in my throat...yes the back of my throat by that hangy ball thing (not sure of the medical term). Don't people usually get those on their tongues or mouths. Well not me i get it in my throat. Its HUGE...like i think I'm gona have to call the surgeon to find out if its ok....

More or less I'm looking for a bit of comfort from my fellow bloggers, did any of you experience anything similar? I honestly feel pretty calm and collected, but obviously my body is telling me otherwise. So the dilemma is what to do, leave it or call the office? Could u imagine i have waited all this time and they cancel due to a canker sore and allergies, oh man....

3 comments:

chris k said...

"What is the 'uvula' Alex?"

Mary said...

Hi Kristy, I recommend that you have someone look at you before you show up for surgery. Better safe . . . Otherwise, I would just say relax. As I wrote to Graham, who is having his surgery at the end of the month, there really is nothing to worry about. Its a pretty routine surgery and everything will likely go smoothly. You should have little, if any pain afterward. The worst part for me was the nauseau from swallowing blood but that is just a fact of the surgery. Looking back (my surgery was a year ago), I would not have missed it. It really was a big adventure. You will discover all kinds of things for yourself, that you have read about on the blogs. So just try to relax and enjoy the process. Mary

Tara said...

Kristy, I just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow and let you know that we are all thinking of you and sending our well wishes! I will be joining you on Monday!!! Good luck and you'll do great!
~ Tara